Xsd2CodeCustomTool configuration

Mar 15, 2010 at 9:37 AM

hello,

I would run Xsd2CodeCustomTool with my own configuration but I don't know how to setup my preferred configuration for the Xsd2CodeCustomTool.

If I execute "Run xsd2code generation" from context menu a pop-up appears and I can actually configure all parameters but I don't know how to do that for the Xsd2CodeCustomTool.

Is there a place I can setup a default configuration for the Xsd2CodeCustomTool?

thanks

Coordinator
Mar 16, 2010 at 1:51 PM

First remove last generated file.
In solution,select your xsd file and press F4 to show property window.
In customtool property type Xsd2CodeCustomTool and validate.
Pascal.

Le 15 mars 2010, 10:37 AM, "danielef" <notifications@codeplex.com> a écrit :

hello,

I would run Xsd2CodeCustomTool with my own configuration but I don't know how to setup my preferred configuration for the Xsd2CodeCustomTool.

If I execute "Run xsd2code generation" from context menu a pop-up appears and I can actually configure all parameters but I don't know how to do that for the Xsd2CodeCustomTool.

Is there a place I can setup a default configuration for the Xsd2CodeCustomTool?

thanks

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Xsd2Code@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Xsd2Code@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Apr 9, 2010 at 5:43 AM

Hello, Pascal.

Firstly,  I would like to thank you for your excellent tool. I found it should be very useful for me.

And I also have the same question as danielef. Unfortunately your answer to danielef did not help me.

You wrote "... type Xsd2CodeCustomTool and validate." When I typed Xsd2CodeCustomTool in "Custom Tool" property I have just got auto generated *.Designer.cs class, attached to .xsd file. I have not found the way how to customize the behavior of the  Xsd2CodeCustomTool.

Thanks

Apr 12, 2010 at 2:16 PM

It is an update to the previous post.

If I understood correctly,  Xsd2CodeCustomTool uses the configuration stored into *.cs file generated earlier (e.g. generated with "Run xsd2code generation" command). So I should use first of all  "Run xsd2code generation" command, setup the configuration.

So I close my previous question.

Dec 25, 2010 at 7:59 PM

How can I specify where to put generated file?

In my case XSD file resides out of project folder, but I want Xsd2Code tool to generate output code in the project directory. Is there a way to do so?