class hierarchy uses explicit sequencing feature (Order), then its base class and all derived classes

Oct 13, 2010 at 6:07 PM

Hi,

Did anyone ever get this error while loading/saving to/from file?

"Type member "editable" declared in "OverrideType" is missing required 'order' property.  If one class in the class hierarchy uses explicit sequencing feature (Order), then its base class and all derived classes have to do the same."

my schema has these

<xs:complexType name="OverrideType" abstract="true">
	<xs:attribute name="editable" type="xs:boolean"/>
</xs:complexType>

... then i derived from that

<xs:complexType name="MyOverrideType">
	<xs:complexContent>
		<xs:extension base="OverrideType">
			<xs:attribute name="somethingelse" type="xs:string"/>
		</xs:extention>
	</xs:complextContent>
</xs:complexType>

Thanks in advance.
And follow up question, is this project based on the MS xsd?  or completely different?
Oct 15, 2010 at 12:10 PM

I have the same error.

I removed every order in the generated code so that I can work right now, but it's not a very good solution :)

Oct 15, 2010 at 2:24 PM

My workaround was to include it in every definition which is lame as well but at least I don't touch the generated code.  For now I only have one attribute on the base type but if I get some more, I'll probably define an attribute group . . . don't know how it'll handle that.  I'll post it when it happens.

Dec 6, 2010 at 8:13 PM

Same issue here.

Looks like xsd2code creates the Order attribute on collections unasked but leaves it out on 'simple' elements, which is causing this issue.

The workaround is to manually edit out the order but the idea is to automate schema/model generation between a Java and .NET system, which makes this not feasible.

Any plans to either fix or make this configurable please?

Cheers.

Mar 15, 2011 at 1:50 PM

*bump*

knochenbeisser wrote:

Looks like xsd2code creates the Order attribute on collections unasked but leaves it out on 'simple' elements, which is causing this issue.

The workaround is to manually edit out the order but the idea is to automate schema/model generation between a Java and .NET system, which makes this not feasible.

Any plans to either fix or make this configurable please?

Same issue here...

Any response from devs?

Mar 15, 2011 at 2:46 PM

You can generate Order attribute for simple types if you turn on GenerateXmlAttributes to true under Serialization.

Hope it helps.

Mar 15, 2011 at 2:49 PM
Edited Mar 15, 2011 at 3:02 PM

Will try that and report back

thanks for the swift reply :)

*UPDATE*

Seems to work like a charm. Thanks for the heads up!