Any performance issues with XSD2Code, especially with Deserialization..???

Nov 24, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Hi,

Really impressed with XSD2Code. However before I get too excited I wanted to check out whether there were any performance issues especially with Deserialization. I plan to run XSD2Code as part of an ASP.NET MVC3 web application with concurrent web users. So I wanted to plan for this. I have seen some metric for another serializer ie about 2.7 s for 10000 elements(binary) and about 17s for XML,.

Many thanks,

Ed

Coordinator
Nov 25, 2012 at 8:50 AM

Hi,

Can you tell me witch "another" serializer do you used ?
It's possible to add another serializer into generated code (for ex. binary serializer).
Pascal.
Nov 26, 2012 at 9:46 AM

Hi Pascal,

I was referring to the "SharpSerializer". I believe it is very performant and an excellent component, but it serializes into its own XML format, and I really need to retain the original format which Xsd2Code does. So it does not quite fit my need.  I was also already using Xsd2Code to create the Class file from the XSD. That it is why I was asking a proactive question about any performance issues with Xsd2Code. I have not encountered any yet, but then again I have not been testing with anything big.

It is interesting to hear about the ability to plug in other serializers. Also when I really focus on performance I may serialize to binary. However I will also need to persist the document to a SQL Server database, and it would be ideal to persist the document to a field of type XML so that I can query it at the DB level. I believe this would be very hard or impossible with Binary documents.

Many thanks, and well done on a great component,

Ed