Customize Defaults

Jul 3, 2009 at 6:13 AM

First thing to say: I love this tool, and it really saves me a lot of time and hassle with checking certain things for consistency.

Maybe I just did not realize and it is already possible, but I am tired of repeatedly entering "my" standard options when generating classes again and again.
I would even more love the tool, if it would remember my last settings used and proposes them next time or if I could configure it from some other place to use the same settings all the time.

Furthermore, I would like to define a deviating target-folder, s.t. xsd-File and class can live in separate worlds. Actually, I consume the xsd from some other component, but the generated classes are MINE, hence I treat xsd like external libs and want to separate them from "my" code. By now I first generate the class and then move it to another folder manualy.

To my deployment scenario: I use Xsd2Code the manual way, not via CustomTool, so I fetch my xsd-Files as SVN-externals from another component's source-code. So I receive all their changes in the xsd, but can ignore most of them. Only certain xsd-files define a command-interface to my component (GUI). If one of those changes, I will manually (when I want it, not on next build) generate my new class according to the updated schema and see if I require further code changes to use it.

Jul 3, 2009 at 4:18 PM

Try using command-line tool for this purpose. You can create a batch file to set the default values that you use most often.

Jul 3, 2009 at 8:34 PM

So the option exists, I just did not know where...

Thanks for your suggestion, I think I will do it that way and publish the batch file among the dev-team...
well maybe then it will be smarter to do it in the prebuild-event to really make sure nobody uses deviating options, not your problem anyway.