Bug in MSI

Nov 4, 2009 at 3:15 PM

When I run the 3.0 version MSI I get a "another version of this product is already installed" message. To resolve this, and make the installation of the new version automatically uninstall the old version:

Highlight the MSI project in the Visual Studio Solution

Ensure RemovePreviousVersions is true

Alter the Version (of the MSI, not the app itself!) to a higher version

VS suggest to alter the ProductCode, say Yes to change the ProductCode

Do not alter the UpgradeCode, as this allows the installer to uninstall the old (UpgradeCode does not change)

Cheers

Nov 4, 2009 at 3:23 PM
Thank you for your feedback.
I'll do it in next release.
Pascal.

2009/11/4 cjard <notifications@codeplex.com>

When I run the 3.0 version MSI I get a "another version of this product is already installed" message. To resolve this, and make the installation of the new version automatically uninstall the old version:

Highlight the MSI project in the Visual Studio Solution

Ensure RemovePreviousVersions is true

Alter the Version (of the MSI, not the app itself!) to a higher version

VS suggest to alter the ProductCode, say Yes to change the ProductCode

Do not alter the UpgradeCode, as this allows the installer to uninstall the old (UpgradeCode does not change)

Cheers

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Xsd2Code@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Xsd2Code@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com