Wrapping Container

Feb 11, 2011 at 12:23 AM

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsd:schema xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns="" xmlns:prodata="urn:schemas-progress-com:xml-prodata:0001">
  <xsd:element name="ProDataSet" prodata:proDataSet="true">
    <xsd:complexType>
      <xsd:sequence>
        <xsd:element name="Ptype_tt" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded" prodata:beforeTable="BIPtype_tt">
          <xsd:complexType>
            <xsd:sequence>
              <xsd:element name="co-no" type="xsd:int" nillable="true" prodata:format="z9"/>
              <xsd:element name="ptype-no" type="xsd:string" nillable="true" />
            </xsd:sequence>
          </xsd:complexType>
        </xsd:element>
      </xsd:sequence>
  </xsd:element>
</xsd:schema>

I have about 20+ xsd files that look like this.  They are generated by an old-school database and web service, and I don't have any control over the xsd format.  All of the .xsd files have the ProDataSet container and their own individual class (like PType_tt) in this one.  It's a very rigid format.  I wanted to use this add-in to generate classes for all of the .xsd files but then i have to go through every class manually and delete the ProDataSet class since the compiler will complain (repetition of items in a partial class).  You can't really have the same method 20 times with the same signature and implementation.

If I use the /eit+ option, it generates the ProDataSet class and not the child class.  I want to be able to only generate the client class for all of the .xsd files and am open to any suggestions.  I am also open to writing a script and using the command-line version, but I really don't know which option to use.  I have tried a ton at this point.  Again, all I really want is to generate the child class in every .xsd file.