Known Limitations? Complex XSD?

Jul 1, 2009 at 5:54 PM

Great tool., i like the fact that it did actually create a class for my complicated schema :)

the SaveToFile doesnt seem to be working for me as it exceptions out.. either i am doing something incorrectly, or it cannot handle whats going on in the xsd

I would really appreciate it if someone who has used this tool for a while and created many classes for xsd's have a look at what i have? (i can post a link for the project)

Does anyone know if the SaveToFile method writes the xml in-order? (same order as the schema nodes are)?

Jul 3, 2009 at 5:25 PM

You can send a private message to our team members and we should be able to look at your files. Please, keep in mind that the project relies on the Microsoft .Net code generation components while parsing schemas, and we already encountered a few problems with them. Unfortunately, we have to treat the components as "black box" components and report the issues to Microsoft. And yes, that poses limitations on properly parsing of all types schema constructs.

Jul 15, 2009 at 10:26 PM

thank you., i did send a pvt message and you did respond :)

i responded to your response a while ago, still waiting for you to respond

I do understand that the project relies on the microsoft .net code generation...  It does sucesfully create the code.. but trying to execute any of the code methods like., creating an instance of the schema (its class) and trying to save to file causes exceptions...

I guess all i was looking for was a confirmation that this tool will not work with the schema i am trying to make it work with., if you do have time., please gen the code again and try to init a class and savetofile...  its okay if this will not work :) itll save me some time as i will continue writing my custom class for the xsd